Medical Scheme authorization:
Please confirm your specialized dentistry benefits with your scheme before your first consultation, and bring along your membership card. The statement for the first consultation will be submitted on your behalf.
Once you receive the cost analysis for your treatment, it is your responsibility to obtain written medical scheme authorization for the treatment. Once authorization is obtained and forwarded to our accounts department, we will submit the claims on your behalf.
This practice operates on standard Discovery rates, but all schemes differ with regards to the benefits provided for certain procedures. It remains the responsibility of the patient to ascertain what their personal financial contribution will be for the orthodontic treatment. The orthodontic contract is with the patient and not the medical scheme, and authorization is not a guarantee for payment.
Momentum Health and Compcare Medical Schemes will be treated as a Private patient.
- In the case of removable appliance treatments, the fee is a once-off payment at the commencement of the treatment. This fee includes all the follow-up appointments until the planned outcome is reached.
- In the case of fixed brace treatments, the global fee includes all the appliances and appointments for the full active treatment time (usually 16-20 months). The global fee is divided into a payment plan stretching across the treatment time. The fee will be divided into a +/- 30% deposit when treatment is started, with the rest of the fees divided evenly and interest free into monthly installments due monthly. Please note that the payment plan is irrespective of the appointment frequency and will be claimed monthly. The adjustments of the appliances will determine appointment intervals.
- Private patients have the option of either using the payment plan, alternatively, should the global fee be paid in full upfront, a discount of 7.5% will apply for amounts above R10 000.00.
- The cost of a retainer that needs to be fitted after removal of the braces is a seperate charge but we will issue a quotation before removing the braces to obtain authorization.
- We do have ceramic brackets available at an additional cost of R300.00 per bracket, payable at fitment. This will be for the patient's own account.